Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread 2

I just took it while you were writing this. Underway to Unalaska. ETA 2hr 30min.

Look forward to your safe arrival. Take care at the notorious Unalaska approach :-eek!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Will do. After that, who's taking the next leg further down the chain?For interested parties, next 2 legs could be PADU-PAAK (300nm) and PAAK-ATU (460nm) to get us near Kamchatka.

I could take either one, but I've got to go out for a bit. Will check in around 2230Z and see how you're doing. How's the WX up there today?Best,GeraldKMLB

current METAR for PADU: PADU 182035Z 13020G28KT 3SM FEW010 BKN013 OVC019 02/M01 A2935 Not bad, winds are getting less but visibility is dropping.

I have it...PADU-PADK ~385 MilesSticking with the King Air...Takeoff photos in a moment...

You're too late, I'm almost at PADU... You should have checked earlier threads :)Pick up at PADU in about 15 minutes.

You mean too EARLY! I thought you already had dropped it off at Unalaska! Oops.... I'll be standing by - but if someone else grabs it before me, feel free!

I'm down at PADU (Dutch harbor, Unalaska).PADU 182135Z 12015G30KT 080V140 1 1/4SM BKN010 OVC013 02/M01

I've landed now. Weather at PADU is a really nice 1.25 mile visibility, overcast 1100ft and winds gusting to 30 knots.

Looks like Greg has the next one, so I'll take the ATU leg, if I can, except look at this: PASY 182105Z 04035G46KT 7SM SCT016 BKN024 BKN036 02/M02 A2900 RMKThis is for Erickeson AS about 50nm east of ATU. Check the winds! And the area forecast is lousy:UNIMAK PASS TO ADAK AJ...VALID UNTIL 190900...CLOUDS/WX...***AIRMET MT OBSC***MTS OCNL OBSC IN CLDS/PCPN. NC...BKN015 OVC025 MEGG LYRS ABV TOPS FL280 VIS 4SM SN/RASN. ISOL CIG BLW 010 VIS BLW 3SM SN/RASN BR. SFC WND SE 20G30KT.OTLK VALID 190900-200300 IFR CIG RA BR WND....TURB...***AIRMET TURB***MOD TURB BLW 060. WKN... ...ICE AND FZLVL...ISOL MOD RIME ICEIC 060-140. FZLVL 010.Sooooo...think I'll opt for PASY as it at least has an ILS, which ATU doesn't.GeraldKMLB

Sounds good, I'll pick it up again when I wake up tomorrow (nearing midnight here).

If you can, let me know your ETA. And watch the weather, getting progressively worse the farther west we go.GeraldKMLB