Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread 2

Gerald is down (email confirmation) - I'm prepping for flight. Wheels up in appx 5 min.

PADK- PASY Complete. Watch those winds, guys. Had 03337g45 all the way down and no ILS, but I made it!PASY 190058Z 03038G46KT 7SM BKN019 OVC025 02/M01 A2893 RMK PK WND 03049/59 SLP795 8/8// 9/8// SLR13P WETGood Luck, Greg!GeraldKMLB

Gerald,Congrats on getting the bird down in that nasty wind. (Pretty strong stuff--enough to blow your plane about whilst on the groud.)See you enroute soon.Let's keep the baton in the blue!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hey Mike,Thanks, it was really something. What I didn't mention was TRYING (underline TRYING) to taxi! :-eek We all know that the -350 is a great bird to taxi. :-lolAnyway, going to take a break for a bit, check in later.GeraldKMLB

Greg,Got the next Cheyenne primed and ready to go at UHPP. Look forward to your arrival.Petropavlovsk, you will recall, is Bear's (of Bearracing fame) Russian hangout. If you miss the mountain, take care of the Russian fighter planes parked at the airfield.Anyone want to volunteer for the Japan run--starting from Memanbetsu RJCM? Maybe about 0730Z?Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest dcc

was hoping to do a leg tonight, but it looks like it's booked. Perhaps tomorrow...- dcc

dccWell, I'm taking the UHPP-RJCM route to the northern tip of Japan. The next leg will start at about 0630Z and we are eager for pilots in the ready room.We're to fly down Japan, on the east coast of Asia (perhaps along the islands?), through the Philippines and the Indonesian archipelago down to Darwin. Lots of wonderful flying tomorrow.Look forward to joining you enroute.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Information.Flown at 10,000. Winds from 060-080 not exceeding 37kts.Winds on the ground at UHPP were 306 @ 11 when I landed.In the first image, are the "mountains" which will not be in your way if you fly directly from PASY to UHPP.In the second image I was side stepping to 34L. There are two runways at UHPP which can be seen on the GPS or FSnav, but 34R looks like a very long taxiway. It is concrete, and 34L is asphalt covered.Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Hey...How come this race didn't get press earlier than 2 days into it...?? Rats, I've already missed some prime flying time.I'm willing to help where I can with my speedy "Ferrari P-180". Maybe we can still catch them "other guys"...?I can prolly catch a leg later tonight (1am EST) or thereabouts).Cheers... Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez,Great. I'd love to see that P-180 make up ground.If everything goes well, and Greg gets to UHPP at 0400Z, then I'll take off and reach RJCM at about 0700Z. (About 02:00 AM EST)I'd be delighted to hand over the baton to such a beautiful craft. Will you be in Japan about that time?Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Beginning my descent into UHPP now... Appx 90 miles out....- - - - - - -35 Miles - LAND HO!

Greg,The engines are warm...Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1