Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread 2

Hi Mike,I'm back for some moral support for y'all and maybe pick up another leg after Jeroen. Headwinds are really strong, I see. We've got the coffeecocoa ready!GeraldKMLB

Jeroen, fly with the wind...Gerald, do you want to pick up the baton at Nagoya (RJNN)? ETA looks to be about 1120Z subject to headwinds, of course.Best to the two of you. Hope to see the flag advanced by the time I wake up in the North Carolina morning!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

PS.It seems as though the fastest way to Darwin is down through the Japanese Islands to Okinawa, over to the tip of Taiwan, and South to the Philippines. (No need to head back to the mainland. We've already "hit" Asia in any case.)Sights to see are the volcano at Kagoshima (near RJFK) and the Japanese space program (near RJFG).Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

yes, that's what I was planning. Nagoya-Kadena-Chihhong (QCQS)-Manilla-Bangoy (RPMD)-Pitu (WAMR)-Patimura (WAPP) seems the way to go, then back via El Tari (WRKK)-Den Pasar (WRRR) and up through Indonesia towards Singapore and India.

Just to let y'all know, I'm available to run another leg within the next few hours or so.... Just making sure there are no reservations already... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

If you're up for it, next leg is a long one to Kadena if you follow my plan.Fly that plane through the Japanese night, I should be on the ground in a bit over 2 hours.

Good Morning Guys,Looks like you're doing well Jeroen. I've been doing some advance planning, see what you think.After RJNN, we go ROKJ-RPLB-WRLR-YPDN(Darwin), then finally WEST!!I won't bother with the list I made unless someone wants to see it, maybe I'll upload it to the library. Basically it goes West through Indonesia, across India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, across the Med through Italy, Spain, down through Africa and the Azores, then straight across the Atlantic through South America, up through the Windwards to Bermuda and then to Boston.Most legs average 600-800nm, so turbine ac are the rule here, which we're going to have to do to catch up anyway. Longest leg, if I remember correctly, is GVAC-SBFZ, across the water at 1500nm.What do y'all think? Just an outline, if someone wants the list, let me know. I'm up for one more leg and then, unfortunately, I've got to leave on a business trip until Friday evening. :-(Best,GeraldKMLB

Posted this earlier:Nagoya-Kadena-Chihhong (QCQS)-Manilla-Bangoy (RPMD)-Pitu (WAMR)-Patimura (WAPP)-Darwin (YPDN) seems the way to go, then back via El Tari (WRKK)-Den Pasar (WRRR) and up through Indonesia towards Singapore and India.Might drop Chihhong, Patimura and El Tari to arrive at longer faster legs.

Sorry, didn't refresh before posting. That's fine, whatever everyone wants. I do think, though, that going across the pond through the Azores is the way to go, so that we don't have to backtrack to Boston after catching South America.Anyone up after you?Best,GeraldKMLB

Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to do it, but I'm waiting for the handoff. :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Yes, that was the plan I think. Move through the ME to Crete (to touch Europe) and then move across the Sahara to the shortest route towards South America (Tunisia-Morocco-Azores-Brazil-Curacao-Havana-Jacksonville-Washington-Boston sounds logical).StoneCold said he'd be up for the leg to Kadena, else it's yours :-)I'm available again for the one after that and so on until it's time for me to go to bed again in 12 hours or so :-rotor

Hey Guys, we're catching up! Flightsim just left OIII(Tehran, Iran) at 1000z, so we should meet them somewhere over western Indonesia or the Indian Ocean, I would think. Best,GeraldKMLB

20 minutes to go, better start planning the next leg people. We want a handover within minutes of landing, no time to loose!

If Stonecold can't do it, I'm planned and fueled for RJNN-ROKJ. Wx looks pretty good at RJNN, lots better than Alaska.GeraldKMLB