Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread 2

Guys,Got it now. ETA RJCM in 3 hours...about 2:30 EST or 730Z.Mike MacKuenmackuen@unc.edu

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Will take it from there to RJNN, taking us over halfway across Japan.

Terrific. Though you might check with Hawkeyez who volunteered for the next leg in Post #40 above. Not sure if he will be up for a flight at 2:30 AM EST. I suppose that it will be good to have Europe back at the helm.Sunshine in Japan. But gosh, facing 83kts headwinds on my way down from Kamchatka. May be a few minutes later than planned.Keeping the baton in the blue...Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Missed his post. Will see if he comes back to take it (in which case I'll take the next, probably to Kadena).

Sorry MM (et all)...I'll have to pass on picking up the baton till tomorrow night... plane's in the shop for maintenance for the night.(that and the kids are sick with the flu)Later flyer dudes...Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez,Sorry that your kids have the flu. Sometimes real life gets in the way of simming. :-hah(My wife has given me a strange look as I'm sitting at a computer "flying to Japan" at 1 AM...)So Jeroen, looks like you are next to take the baton. Delighted to hand it over to you--though I'm still almost an hour away from Hokaido.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

On VATSIM now, fueled and ready for you to hand over the baton before I start my engines.

How far to go Mike? Or are you lost somewhere? :-)

Jeroen,Now 100 nm out of RJCM. Been battling 109 kts headwinds so am much delayed.So still some 25 minutes or so. Should be a straight-in approach--though 35 kts crosswinds on landing.Hang on. Have another cup of coffee. I'm buying...Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

OK, was looking forward to a dusk departure. Guess that will be a night departure now.Will have a latenight snack waiting and a hot cocoa on your arrival.

Thanks, Jeroen. This is a long flight over water. Will be happy to hand the baton over to safe energetic hands.Looking forward to the hot cocoa.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Jeroen, take the helm!Leg 14Piper Cheyenne 400 (FSD)UHPP-RJCM 814 nm. 3 hrs 41 minutes. (Plenty of headwinds.)0422-0803ZEnjoy Lake Abashiri and the ice flows on your way out. The Japanese mountains should be beautiful.Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I have it, ETA 3 hours Takeoff 08:12Z, Dash8-Q300