Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread #3

Taxiing for takeoff now.And I'm off in drenching rain for another flight through the night.ETA 17:50Z

Actually, a strong crosswind ended up forcing me to go around.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Jeroen. My bad on this one. Merely meant that you are confirmed as the next pilot. My apologies.Take care StoneCold. Safety is paramount here.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Finally shutdown at RODN after bad winds and a go-around.....Screenshots to come as soon as I convert and resize them....23 knot crosswind in rain on landing..... nasty stuff...

StoneCold. Whew! You had me sweating bullets worried about you.Jeroen, good luck with the rain, wind, and darkness of night.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Starry starry sky and a nice tailwind here over the clouds.Making excellent time.

OK Jeroen, keep it up. FS.com hasn't had a post since 1201Z and they're still in Iran (OIMB). I do believe we are at least even, if not slightly ahead. :-)Where are you headed?GeraldKMLB

Guest dcc

is anyone updating the progress map? I'd be interested to see both team's current status on the globe.- dccPS I'd like to fly a leg tonight, so please keep a slot open say between 9:00pm and 1:00am EST.

headed for Manilla. About as far as the Dash8 will take me on full tanks.

Gerald or dcc,Can either of you two commit to take over in Manilla? One small thing that we can do is plan the baton handoffs properly.Unfortunately, we have chosen a East to West route--and will face strong headwinds most of the time.Mike(Unfortunately, I have to go to work shortly. Ah, putting up with the RealWorld. Will tune in to provide moral support.):-abduct Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ah, Mike, I'd love to, but I've got a 2130Z date with a Delta MD-88 and she won't wait. :-)I'll be around till then to help out or offer moral support, but I'm afraid I'm done, for now.GeraldKMLB

Matt,Great map. Really excellent!Hope to see you in the air in a few hours. BTW we still need someone to pick up the baton from Jeroen at Manilla in 3 hours. Terrific to have you on the crew. Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

If I had been prepared the first time, I probably would have made it..... A couple wind shears caught me off guard on my first attempt and threw me way off course on my final approach..... Second time by, at least I was expecting it and could plan for it....Although I may still need to get a mechanic to inspect the landing gear for possible damage in that less-than-perfect landing..... :D