Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread #3

The Race Continues Here. StoneC0ld has the baton and he is headed for RODN. He should be down by around 8:46 Eastern.------------------The flightsim thread is located here:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/36716.htmlKeep it moving guys!THE RULESObjective:To be the first forum to successfully complete (and authenticate) a series of flights around the world. It

Cheers, other thread was getting too long :-)My route proposal for optimal speed is from Kaneda (in short, see thread #2 for full plan):- Manilla- Celebes island- Darwin- Bali isl.- Java isl.- Sri Lanka- India- UAE- Kuwait- Turkey- Crete isl.- Malta- Lybia- Morocco- Azores- Brazil- Guadaloupe- Bahamas- Myrtle Beach- BostonI'm at Kadena now to take over unless someone else comes in who wants the flight.

Jeroen and Gerald,Good to see progress. Your planning looks good--we do need to encourage each leg flier to keep speed and efficiency in mind. (Sorry to say, no sightseeing.)Can we get a ruling on whether Crete counts as "Europe"? Hate to DQ on that small a technicality.Jeroen, looks as though you are up--unless someone else jumps in. Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

If Crete isn't Europe (and it is, being part of Greece), Malta is :-)Of we can change Malta for southern Italy if that's more comfortable.I'm on the hold at Kadena waiting for the word go to start engines and taxi out.

All,A suggestion for the Ready Room.We do need to sort out who will fly each leg before the previous pilot lands. We seem to have handled this amicably so far by talking it through.In order to work on our "baton handoff", how about having the next pilot sitting on the tarmac, engines ticking over, with flightplan loaded and ready to go. At about 10 minutes before the ETA, the "ready pilot" signals to the forum that he's poised for action.At the same time, the landing pilot signals that he's in approach and gives a firmer ETA. The "ready pilot" can confirm.Once the prior pilot lands, the new carrier signals via the forum that he's off. (For the next leg's planning, the new pilot should give the destination and ETA.)We just want to confirm that the ready pilot is about to take off--so that we don't fumble any handoffs. We might even have a backup "ready pilot" so that we can keep moving even if the first one in line has a Real World disaster.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Good thinking, it's what I've been doing already :-)Engines are warmed up but not powered up, APU running. Will top of the tanks just before engine start.

Would think Malta would cover it for sure. Jeroen, I think you're route looks great. I would propose that we accept that as the route and encourage everyone to use it.I might have time for one more later this morning or early PM. Then, it's Delta for me. Wish I could be here for the end, but I'll be in the air for real, scouting the end of the race. :-)GeraldKMLB

Sounds great! I'll be happy to assist you guys (but really, South America and North America are belonging to one continent: America). You could count the Antarctica to the list next to Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and America.

No, LH.In your reasoning Europe Asia and Africa are also 1 continent.The Americas as what is known as a supercontinent just as the Eurasian landmass.

Guest Matt Johnson

The six continents to be visited are:Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Oceania.Antarctica is the seventh continent, but the race rules specifically state it may be ignored.

Guess he's defending their error in passing South America which means they have to take a long detour now :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-rotor :-lol

Currently on downwind for runway 5(L?), should be on hte ground in about 5 minutes or less :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Jeroen, you are on!BTW. When you announce your takeoff, you might start a new "sub-thread" by "replying" to the top post. As ever, you might in the subject line give your route RODN-XXXX.We do need to keep the baton in the air.Congratulations on a speedy night flight, StoneCold.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1