Sign in to follow this  

#4 RTW Race Thread #4

OK so i have the baton and will depart right awayWAMT to YPDN i estimate a 2H10m flight (or my calculations are completely wrong) Will update as soon as i'm on the airRegardsFrancisco Leit

Guest Matt Johnson

Best I can see for you is 2h50m in a pretty speedy thing (like a Vought Corsair) for WAMT -> YPDN. Good luck!

fleitao has the baton...anticipating an arrival in Darwin in 2-2.5 hours.Who would like to take the next leg west from Darwin toward Bali? Volunteers? Elrond?Also, we need volunteers to fly later tonight (EST).

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

We need to limit the flight times OVER LAND to 2 hours. 3 hours is not good. It is unfair to team Flightsim.com, If you can not finish the flight you want to make and post the landing screenshot with flight analysis or GPS image within the 2 hour limit, then you should change your flight. The only reason why flights over two hours were allowed was because of long distances over water. Now, I, personally, do not like the idea "booking" of flights, as if I or another reader wished to jump in the race and fly, they'd get the impression that they can not until they "book" a flight. Everyone is not able to sit around and wait to fly. The race previous to this one on AVSIM had clearer rules, and also had the strike rule, where if you broke the rules 3 times, you'd be benched for the rest of the race. That was the other race I know, the next race after this should run a lot smoother.Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

I'm sorry, I can't: guarenteed I'd be interrupted. Checking AVSIM every few minutes is fine, but a flight would be impossible today.But I'm here for moral support! :-)Sorry bout that,Elrond

Elrond,We do need the moral support! But I am eager to see you in the captain's chair for one of the legs... Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Matt Johnson

Well... WAMT to pretty much anyplace is over water (seriously tiny island)... your question is "if it is possible to divert within the two hour limit, should one do so?"The main reason I diverted, FWIW, is because I knew that getting to WAPP was going to take me at least another 40-45 minutes, and a) I didn't want to fly that long and :( I wanted to give someone else a chance. :)--M

Quoting Metro752>We need to limit the flight times OVER LAND to 2 hours. 3 hours is >not good. It is unfair to team Flightsim.com, If you can not finish >the flight you want to make and post the landing screenshot with >flight analysis or GPS image within the 2 hour limit, then you >should change your flight. The only reason why flights over two >hours were allowed was because of long distances over water.I believe you're right, but the problem with this particular flight is that there is nothing between WAPP and YPDN (except for WAPL and WPDL which divert us a bit off our track)But as i give you full credit on this matter, instead of making a longer flight over water, i'll be diverting to DILI in East Timor (Portugal's brother country), but do remember that we will still have to go to Australia. ETA for DILI is now between 0100Z and 0115ZIf anyone is willing to suggest anything different please do. If you want to keep track of my flight, please do so in VATSIMPermit-me a small but true hommage to the brave people of Timor who fought for independence for more than 20 years and got it, never giving up.RegardsFrancisco Leit

Where was the route headed from YPDN...?Gimmie a heading and I'll take it at the indicated 8:05 EST (7:05 CST).And, did ya want me to do a 2 or 3 hour leg...??BM

Well, As it was a too long flight i'm diverting as said before to DILI in EAST TIMOR (WPDL). My guess for the next flight is one of three possibilities, if anyone has more suggestions, please como forward:1 - Go to Darwin (YPDL) and get back on the previous route suggestion. IMHO this would be going backwards and no point in doing so when we're late.2 - Go to Truscott (YTST) in Australia just south of DILI. No radio aids there, just visual. Rather short flight. 3 - Try to push a bit further and go to Curtin (YCIN). This would put the next guy into doing a minimum 600nm flight from YCIN probably to WRRB or further if possible. RegardsFrancisco Leit

Guest dcc

just checking im real quick but I can take it after hawkeyez, or anytime between 9:00pm EST and 1:00am EST. If I need to do the 600nm, I'll strap on some external tank so I can go top speed.- dcc