Sign in to follow this  
woodreau

Wouldn't it be nice if.........

Microsoft released their SDK's now or sometime prior to the release of the new sim. This could include whatever new modules would be needed for G-Max as well. Imagine developers starting work on new projects for the new sim now. When the sim is released, new, exciting projects would already be finished or at least that much closer to completion. It would give designers time to patch existing projects as well and blah blah blah....oh well...just thinking out loud...:-lol Cheers.. Greg K.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Greg,I'm a little confused by your idea. How do you finalize a SDK before the product is released? What should one do when something changes in the product release that was not addressed in the earlier released SDK? Do the developers start all over again with a new version of the SDK and waste their previous efforts?I understand your optimism, but isn't this putting the cart before the horse?Bruce

>I understand your optimism, but isn't this putting the cart >before the horse?Exactly. Being in software development myself such a thing is just impossible. The best they could do is to release the SDK very shortly after the product itself. Michael J.

I think all the existing SDKs for 2002 will work for the next one from what I've heard.Cheers :)