Sign in to follow this  
Guest EISN_CONTROL

Never ending pushback with the tutorial

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Hey Brian,Just tried doing the tutorial flight for the second time there. Everything was going fine, I began the pushback and started both engines succesfully. Everything was going according to the tutorial provided on my kneeboard, yes - Line by Line!The problem began when I noticed after we completed the 90 degree left turn (Tail left/nose right), we never stopped.I never got the prompt to disconnect from the ground crew. I tried prompting through the After start checks and a few steps further but it never came. I continued to be pushed straight into a building on the opposite end of the apron.Any ideas what caused this?John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Hello John,What did you set the pushback distance too?I usually leave it at the default setting.As to why the Start Crew pushed you into a building, maybe:1. They were smoking something that day :-)2. Are you running any other programs that may hit Shift P? That could throw the pushback logic out.Hope that helps offer a clue,Bryabn

Guest Bud

JohnWhen I first got the plane, p/b at 90 degrees always resulted in the problem you mention. This was very common according to the Level D Forum. The solution was to set p/b to 89 degrees or less. That worked for me.Bud