Sign in to follow this  
Macsm

Is gyro-only mode possible on TMII?

I guess this one goes to Bob :) ,I have seen this feature on some planes where the nav instruments can be selected to run on gyro-only. I have a video of a Canadian airline doing just this due to magnetic unreliabilty issues. In fact, for FS, there are some Russian-plane panels that use this feature and work quite nicely. I beleive this capability would add an extra sense of realism to the panel :). I am sure many airports close to the polar areas require this feature for navigation. Just a thought. :)regards,Macs :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's possible to do, but...First, since our TM II is INS-equipped, it should be getting its heading (and attitude) info from the inertial platform rather than a directional gyro updated by the mag flux valve.Second, if I were to do it, invariably about 50 people that can't be bothered to read the docs would leave the switch in mag hdg and then send me hate mail about how screwed up my awful panel programming is. "Geez, Bob, it doesn't even get the heading right..."So...maybe, someday, but no time soon.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

>It's possible to do, but...>>First, since our TM II is INS-equipped, it should be getting>its heading (and attitude) info from the inertial platform>rather than a directional gyro updated by the mag flux valve.>>Second, if I were to do it, invariably about 50 people that>can't be bothered to read the docs would leave the switch in>mag hdg and then send me hate mail about how screwed up my>awful panel programming is. "Geez, Bob, it doesn't even get>the heading right...">>So...maybe, someday, but no time soon.Bob,I see your point, fair enough :-lol . Please maintain the "maybe", as it could be a "yes" sometime in the future..je,je, ;)regards,Macs :)