Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoeingBonkers

Crash after new livery install

Hey,I recently Installed the European Air Charter (Palmair) livery from the library, when I select it in the fs2004 menu flight sim crashes, no hard drive activity and a slow crash it just disapears, with no error message (Do you want to send this error report to microsoft etc..) Does anyone have any ideas what caused this?Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Matt,I think the problem is caused by the texture file (texture.EAL). I think that the program is not accepting the *.bmp textures. Open the aircraft.cfg file and change the line texture=EAL to texture=DL or one of the other textures, or just leave it blank and the aircraft will load OK.Of course, without the texture, there is no point in using the Re-paint.Hope this helps,

You might try using dxtbmp or ImageTool to convert the texture files to 24-bit bmps (or DXT3) and then write them out. A common repainter's error is leaving the bmp files unformatted for FS after modding them with a paint program.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile