Sign in to follow this  
Guest NGdriver

ISG GNSXLS anyone?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately, there's no programming interface available for it...at least for now. So no way to put the FMS data on the HSI. That makes it a no-go for me.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

That`s too bad. But i understand it is possible to couple it to the heading bug so that we can use it anyway? I did this with the Apollo GPS from RXP and it worked fine.

OK, I changed my mind on this one.If you don't mind an EHSI in place of the mechanical HSI, I have gotten the ISG FMS to work in the TinMouse II. Still has some issues...i.e. no backlighting for the FMS/EHSI control unit, power source issues, and no true heading mode on the EHSI, but I have high hopes that Ernie will fix at least the lighting.Still experimenting, but looks like this configuration will be in the V1.24 update.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Well, I have integrated it into the TinMouse II, but to do it I had to use the EHSI that comes with the ISG. There is no programming interface that'll allow me to put FMS course data up on the CDI. I'm hoping that Ernie will provide an integration path that'll permit the mechanical CDI to be used in the future.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Yes, that allows the HSI to remain, but the problem of how to have the CDI display the FMS course, deviation, and distance-to-waypoint isn't solved. From what I can see, you'll end up with the HSI working normally with nav radio inputs only, and the FMS will drive the heading bug. I don't like that solution...which is why I re-wrote a bunch of RP's original HSI gauge code to make the mechanical HSI display nav data from the CIVA and RealityXP Garmin 530.So, faced with the choice of equipping the 'mouse with a mechanical card HSI that won't connect to the RNAV box, or installing an electronic HSI that will, I have to go with option B for now.But...all that said, I have hope that we'll get it sorted eventually. Ernie seems to be more receptive to customer input than many other developers...but he's made no promises either.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile