Sign in to follow this  
Guest davymax

A/P pitch over control

Hi all,I've a problem on the pitch channel of the A/P.During climb, I turn on the A/P (aileron & elevator), if I set an attitude of 20

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Davide,Are you sure that the A/P is engaging? The airplane must be trimmed and the joystick must be centered when you engage Elevator Hold, otherwise pitch will continue to change. I increased the null zone a bit on my yoke's Y Axis to make it easier to capture. R-

>Hi Davide,>>Are you sure that the A/P is engaging? The airplane must be>trimmed and the joystick must be centered when you engage>Elevator Hold, otherwise pitch will continue to change. I>increased the null zone a bit on my yoke's Y Axis to make it>easier to capture. R-Yes I'm sure, the AP levers are both up and engaged.Anyone with the same problem?thanksDavide

How are you setting the attitude? If you're using the pitch steering bar on the FD, be aware that does not command the AP, but only the flight director. The FD and AP are not interconnected in the Sperry 77.If you are indeed using the TCS to set the deck angle, then I'd check that your joystick null zone is sufficiently wide so that pot noise isn't giving spurious nonzero inputs to the TCS.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>How are you setting the attitude? If you're using the pitch>steering bar on the FD, be aware that does not command the AP,>but only the flight director. The FD and AP are not>interconnected in the Sperry 77.>>If you are indeed using the TCS to set the deck angle, then>I'd check that your joystick null zone is sufficiently wide so>that pot noise isn't giving spurious nonzero inputs to the>TCS.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>I'll check that; thanks!