Sign in to follow this  
Guest kiwi pilot

Re altitude select and hold

Can some one explain how this function works.I am having difficulty in selecting the altitude i wish to go to as well as decent altitude and hold the altitude required.........................Regards robin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is no altitude select, per se, which reflects the capabilities of the real airplane. The alt selected on the radio panel only serves to actuate an altitude alert tone.Alt hold will hold the altitude where it was engaged.So to climb to FL 290, you use the CWS to control pitch through the climb, then as you get to 500-1000 ft below you use CWS to decrease the pitch until you have around 200 fpm of climb. As you reach FL290, press the ALT HOLD toggle, and the A/P will then hold that altitude.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi,I'm fine with that but usually I can set the altitude alert,In the TinMouse I hear the sound but can't find a way to set the Altidude at which the alert makes that sound

It's on the radio console above the radar.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile