Sign in to follow this  
Guest kiwi pilot

Re constant screaching noise

When on final appraoch i go to extend the flaps i get this constant screaching noise why is this...............regards robin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It happens when i extend flaps before gear down..........Robin

The horn can also be silenced with the horn silence button on the front of the throttle quadrant. But you shouldn't normally hear the horn, as the gear should already be down with the flaps > 15 in a normal approach.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Actually the noise starts up as soon as i press f7 for the first flap extension............Regards robin

>Actually the noise starts up as soon as i press f7 for the>first flap extension............Regards robinAre you trying to select flaps with the speedbrake deployed?

Could be the flap motor sounds...perhaps the wav files are corrupt?There are three files...FlapMotorStart.wav, FlapMotorCont.wav, and FlapMotorStop.wav, all located in the aircraftfsfsconvpanel.b732adv folder.Could also be the gear horn sounding as a result of the throttles pulled back at low altitude while you're slowing and adding flaps...may not have anything to do with the flaps, in fact.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Yes the problem was speed brakes deployed ..................Robin