Sign in to follow this  
Guest B727-200Adv

737-200 Brake away thrust????

Hi all!First of all thanks for this great addon! I have a problem, but most probably it's me or my setup. I need around 1.4 EPR to brake away and to keep her at about 15Kts taxi speed. 1.4 EPR is way too much, I fly her bigger sister, B727 in real life and I don't need that kind of thrust to brake away. I've got the Ch flight sim yoke and ch pro pedals. I suspect that the brakes are binding but haven't got a clue how to correct this. Can anybody please help?Thanks,Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here's a copy of my fsuipc.cfg , maybe that helps?[General]History=69Z7ZNXSDNDD33F637ZJTTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=YesShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=NoSuppressMultilineFS=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesTimeForSelect=4WeatherReadsFast=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=NoAutoTaxiWind=NoPropTaxiWind=NoTimeSetMode=PartialWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=YesCorrectVSsign=YesDisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=NoVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoStopAutoFuel=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=3MinIce=-1WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoLimitWindVariance=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoTrafficControlDirect=YesSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=Yes[JoystickCalibration]ExclThrottleSet=NoSepRevsJetsOnly=NoApplyHeloTrim=NoFlapsSetControl=0FlapDetents=NoReverserControl=66292Reverser1Control=66422Reverser2Control=66425Reverser3Control=66428Reverser4Control=66431MaxThrottleForReverser=256AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0MaxSteerSpeed=60Hope somebody can help,Cheers,Martin

It isn't your config...it's a combination of two "simisms" we have to live with. The first is the well-known problem with FS flight modeling known as the "sticky" runway issue. There's a modded sim1.dll file out there that reduces the friction of the ground and thrust requirements some.The other part of the problem is the constant specific fuel consumption thrust model in FS. If we were to model the ground idle thrust correctly, the idle fuel flow would be far too high. I prefer to see idle performance, including FF, where it should be, and just accept that it takes higher power settings to taxi.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi Bob,Yeah ok, understand, I can live with the same, feel bad for them virtual airport people and equipment my mouse must be basting all over the show....As a favour, can could you pls take a peak at my fsuipc.cfg file and see if all looks well, not for the high thrust, but just to see if all is set up well, as I'm not ace with these kind of things.Oh btw, what's the next project? GLF2B? Also flew some hours in that Bob, N436JW...Cheers from Southern Africa!Martin