Sign in to follow this  
strider

Trim and T/O issues.

I can only speak for myself amf my instalation but I have run into some "weirdness" with trim and AC performance lately. In all honesty I can't definitively point to 1.24 as the culprit but...it seems to have started with this upgrade? I believe my problem arises because I do not start every flight with the default FS9 flight...I have created and saved TM2 flights, in advance, and usually just select them when starting FS9. When I run into this weirdness I experience what many have described...a drastic increase in "nose up" attitude after take-off...usually resulting in a stall. After all the comments here I decided to try and "fight it off" the next time it occured, instead of just restarting the flight (which ALWAYS seems to fix this weirdness, BTW). I started a saved TM2 flight this morning, from FAJS to FACT...112,850 TOGW, trim at 5.0 and flaps 5 at 25*c . The first thing I noticed was the large amount of throttle it took to get, and maintain, a taxi speed of 12 knots. The take-off roll took almost the entire length of the 14,500 foot 3L runway. After gear retraction and while retracting flaps, the extreme climb began to manifest itself and I pushed full forward on the yoke while madly clicking nose down trim until I got the aircraft under control at a steady 2,000 fpm climb. The rest of the climb was uneventful. After reaching cruising altitude (FL340) I had a pressurization fault (Auto-fail). This is another occurence which seems to show up occasionally and I wonder if it's related? Most flights that DON'T exhibit the other things also don't have any pressurization problems? Anyway...continued on to Cape Town and started my descent. All was seemingly normal until I tried to extend some bit of flaps at 150 IAS and on the 'slope...I got a loud horn (???) and so I retracted the flaps and reviewed my situation. I saw no reason that this should happen and re-tried the flaps...same thing. I could not silence the horn...but decided to grit it out to help pinpoint this weirdness. Speed crashed to under 100 IAS...with 100% throttle!! I of course crashed into a hill at a forward speed of about 60 knots! I restarted FS9 and did nothing different...selected and started this same saved flight...and it is flying COMPLETELY different, so far. Taxiing was easy and required no "unseamly" amount of throttle, I rotated with 4,000 feet to spare, I had no issues with any extreme nose up attitude after gear retraction...it is as if I am flying a completely different aircraft. At this point I am sure my descent amd landing will go fine. I really believe that, in my case, this stuff is caused by not starting with the default FS9 flight. My question is...how do I get around this? I'm going to try loading a saved TM2 flight and then reloading it...to see if that helps. Perhaps loading the default FS9 flight THEN loading the saved TM2 flight will work? Everything add-on makers write about this says first load the default then change aircraft then change location. My problem with that is I don't have the luxury of creating THEN flying a flight most times...I don't have the spare time. I have to create and save them in advance so I can fly them when time permits? More experimentation to come.

>Everything add-on makers write about this >says first load the default then change >aircraft then change location. location is not important; the aircraft is when overcoming the 'odd behavior' of addon aircraft.create your flight at any airport, day, weather, etc you wish. load the flight with a default FS aircraft (cessna 172 is easy). shut the cessna's engines but leave the batts and avionics on. let the sim 'settle' for about 30 sec. switch to the TMII.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The problem with your suggestion (for me) is that I have to fly that flight immediately? This won't work for me as I said...most flights are pre-planned including fuel and payload etc., etc. then saved and flown at a later time. For that to work the flight must be saved with the correct aircraft or I end up having to set it all up at flight time, anyway?

I'll have to try it a few times...if I don't see the "weirdness" after, say, 4 flights started that way then I would be comfortable saying "yes". I'll get back to ya' And thanks, BTW! Vic