Sign in to follow this  
Guest wang3r38

I can not use autoland, help

Guest wang3r38

Hi, friends:I wonder why I can not use land3 mode in PMDG 744, with FS2crew.When I press LOC or APP before landing (about 10miles or 5 miles to the runway), FO will say " I am in localizer or in approach mode"??? How come? I follow the tutorial step by step. I noticed that some friends or Byran has answered the similar question. Here is my setup1. I don't have squeks?? 2. I have checked that I do not have keypress assignment conflict3. I always start FS2crew first.4. I don't have other add-on software.But I still can not arm autoland ( LOC, APP)Thanks!!

Hi,It could be that you're not configured properly (ILS tuned, etc.)If you want to arm APP mode and it doesn't arm (and you think it should) you have two options:1. Hit "CTRL TAB J". That's the keyboard assignment for APP. FS2Crew sends that keypress to the PMDG when you press APP. If you hit CTRL TAB J and APP doesn't arm/become active then you're not setup properly for the ILS.2. Same thing for LOC. "CTRL TAB K" is the assignment for the LOC.3. The other thing to try is to go into the Virtual Cockpit. In the VC, FS2Crew does not lay gauges over top of the APP and LOC buttons, so if you can't arm APP/LOC in the VC then, again, you'll want to double check that everything is setup properly for the ILS.Let me know if that helps,Bryan

Guest wang3r38

>Hi,>>It could be that you're not configured properly (ILS tuned,>etc.)>>If you want to arm APP mode and it doesn't arm (and you think>it should) you have two options:>>1. Hit "CTRL TAB J". That's the keyboard assignment for APP. >FS2Crew sends that keypress to the PMDG when you press APP. >If you hit CTRL TAB J and APP doesn't arm/become active then>you're not setup properly for the ILS.>>2. Same thing for LOC. "CTRL TAB K" is the assignment for the>LOC.>>3. The other thing to try is to go into the Virtual Cockpit. >In the VC, FS2Crew does not lay gauges over top of the APP and>LOC buttons, so if you can't arm APP/LOC in the VC then,>again, you'll want to double check that everything is setup>properly for the ILS.>>Let me know if that helps,>>Bryan>Thanks a lot, Bryan.It seems ok now. I used CTRL TAB K & JThey worked!!! Nice job.

Guest capbat

Hi all.I have the same problem I will try the control tabs command tonight, but on top of not responding the light of Loc and App don't come on. Furthermore, I get the message Locolizer capture and Glide path capture but when I hit the buttons the aircraft does not follow the Ils.Anyway I'll give it a try would be nice thought if we could just click it. Anyone knows why we have to go via the keyboard command?Thanks.Bat

Hi Bat,Double check your keyboard assignments against what's listed in the manual.Also, ensure that nothing is intercepting the keypresses (such as having a Squawkbox window in focus).Regarding the ILS: Your autopilot is on? Remember that FS2Crew doesn't modify or touch any internal aircraft/autopilot logic.Cheers,Bryan