Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Parking brakes in Simconnect

All, I have a silly question:I can't seem to be able to toggle the parking brakes on/off using the following definition (that works well for left and right brakes or any other "position" type variable, just not the parking brake):"BRAKE PARKING POSITION", "position", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE.FLOAT64I read the value when on, says 1.0, which is correct (100%).I read the value when off, says 0.0, which is correct (0%).If I set the value to 1.0 (on), or 0 for that matter (off), I get a data error. I've tried changing the data type, using 32K for on, etc... to no avail. It will not take any value I sent it without returning exception 20, a data error.Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!Etienne

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I can't seem to be able to toggle the parking brakes on/off>using the following definition (that works well for left and>right brakes or any other "position" type variable, just not>the parking brake):>>"BRAKE PARKING POSITION", "position",>SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE.FLOAT64My tests show that this Sim Var is not writeable (either the documentation is wrong or it is a bug in FSX). FSUIPC4 uses the relevant KEY EVENT for parking brake operation -- but only when the desired state isn't the same as the readback state, of course.I'd be surprised if it was a bug in FSX. I think it is a documentation error. In general SimConnect variables haven't been made writeable if there's a perfectly good way of driving them via Key Events.RegardsPete

Thanks Pete,The documentation, including that on the SP2 SDK, marks it as writable. Send key it is :)Etienne

Just to follow up: SendEvent does the trick on event "PARKING_BRAKES". The actual sim variable for it only works in read mode.Etienne