Sign in to follow this  
Guest tag1737

how to toggle ias/mach mode with SimConnect

Guest tag1737

Hi, new here. I have built a AP simulator connected via USB. I'm using SimConnect via C++ and have everything working except, I can't find an event id to toggle the IAS/MACH mode switch as present on the 737 AP. I also can't find the var that will let me know which mode it's currently in.I've been over and over the doc's and I just can't see it. It must be there right? I think my old eyes are tired.A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.Ted

>I can't>find an event id to toggle the IAS/MACH mode switch as present>on the 737 AP. I also can't find the var that will let me know>which mode it's currently in.The changeover switch (c/o) is local to the gauge and only affects the display when the autothrottle isn't engaged in SPD or MACH mode. You can only change it by engaging SPD or Mach mode, as appropriate, and the same for detecting it -- you detect the autothrottle mode by whether speed hold or mach hold is enabled, but you cannot detect what is displayed otherwise.This is not a new thing, all versions of FS since FS98, maybe before, have suffered this deficiency.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest tag1737

Thanks Pete.At least it was not me suffering from a deficiency.Ted