Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Configuring SimConnect to network PFE2000.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful using SimConnect to network the fabulous PFE2000 by Dave March. Dave did mention that FSWide is a good choice but I have spent enough money on FSX recently and I like to figure out ways to use SimConnect. I have all the right SimConnect files in place and have set Windows Firewall Exceptions with PF_Emulator.exe on the server (FSX Computer) which is linked to the Client computer (The one that has PFE installed on it). When I press "Connect to FS" I get an error message:"link to FSUIPC. FS must be running before starting ProFlight Emulator Session!Then I realized that the .XML and .CFG files are not configured correctly. So....I have 2 questions:1 - Can I add this to the SimConnect.XML?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

645004096FalseThis section here: FalseIPv4global
646004096FalseFalseAutolocal 2 - Not sure how to add another entry to SimConnect.CFG, Would it look like this, or is there a way to add multiple entries in the .CFG:[simConnect]protocol=IPV4Address=192.168.0.3Port=500MaxReceiveSize=4096DisableNagle=0[simConnect]protocol=IPV4Address=192.168.0.3Port=600MaxReceiveSize=4096DisableNagle=0Hopefully there is a workaround here. Thanks for your input.Regards,

\Robert Hamlich/

>Just wondering if anyone has been successful using SimConnect>to network the fabulous PFE2000 by Dave March. Dave did>mention that FSWide is a good choice but I have spent enough>money on FSX recently and I like to figure out ways to use>SimConnect. >>I have all the right SimConnect files in place and have set>Windows Firewall Exceptions with PF_Emulator.exe on the server>(FSX Computer) which is linked to the Client computer (The one>that has PFE installed on it). When I press "Connect to FS" I>get an error message:>>"link to FSUIPC. FS must be running before starting ProFlight>Emulator Session!If PFE2000 says that then it is an FSUIPC client not a SimConnect one, so to run it on a separate PC you need WideFS (not "FSWide", which is unknown to me). SimConnect does not support an FSUIPC interface.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,Thanks for the feedback, sorry about the renaming of WideFS (Must be the french in me). Understood regarding the interface and how it works a little more.I will have a look at a registered copy of WideFS perhaps. It looks as simple as running the installer and a few clicks of the mouse and I will be off to the races. All the best,

\Robert Hamlich/