Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Simpilot767

FSX doesn

Hello captains, hello Pete,i use FSX/Acc on an Vista 32bit PC and a networked XP-notebook.a few weeks ago i installed the addon "super traffic board" on thenotebook and tried to connect it via Simconnect - no luck!The SimConnect.xml is located in C:/user/username/Appdata/Roaming/microsoft/FSX of the server with FSX(Vista) The SimConnect.cgf is located in Desktop/my documents of the client laptop (Windows XP) The path of the flight-simulator files is Y:/ on the laptop (Y:/ as a network drive of (server) Desktop/username/documents)in my Simconnect-logfile, i have:0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.00.04626 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=.pipeMicrosoft Flight SimulatorSimConnect, MaxClients=640.08095 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=49173, MaxClients=640.14513 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=49174, MaxClients=64i was told, that these are the default entries, it looks like FSX (Server) configuration file is not being used (simconnect.xml). As well as the above, i should have seen an entry "Scope=global" with my IP address and port number.Can anybody help me?Thanks a lot!Regards,Timo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>The SimConnect.xml is located in >C:/user/username/Appdata/Roaming/microsoft/FSX of the server>with FSX(Vista)Is that the same place as the DLL.XML and FSX.CFG files? If so that's the right place. Can you show the file itself, please? It sounds like there's something wrong with it.Pete

Hello Pete,thanks for your answer.Yes, the Simconnect.xml is in the same place as the DLL.XML and FSX.CFG!it looks like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

7802104096FalseRegards,Timo

>Yes, the Simconnect.xml is in the same place as the DLL.XML>and FSX.CFG!>>it looks like this:I don't have that first line:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>in any of my SimConnect.xml files. Try without.Also, you only have the Global support defined, no local one. I'm not sure what happens now with the SP2/Accel version of SimConnect, but if you do that with SP1 or before it would stop local support altogether. Maybe in the SP2 version it simply discards the attempt and uses defaults? Try including the usual local entries, i.e.SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

7802644096TrueFalseIPv4localFalsePipelocalIncidentally, rather than the IP address (192.168.1.1) I find it easier to put the PC's Name -- then it works with dynamic IP addresses as well.RegardsPete

THANKS, Pete!first, i changed my simconnect.xml with your lines...no luck!then, i put the PC