Sign in to follow this  
Guest Passero

Adding landing trigger doesn't work

I just created my first mission and everythings works fine except my second goal... THe mission should end when the plane land on a specific airport. I added that airport to a landing trigger, added the airport. I also created a goalresolution to the action of the landing trigger for my second goal but everytime when i land, there doesn't happen anything... First i thought it was because the trigger wasn't actif, but i put active to true so... What could be the problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are several types of landing triggers, but based on your post it sounds like you are simply specifying the airport but not a specific runway at that airport. In this case as long as you never select a runway then it should just work as long as you actually land on a runway and slow to a near stop while still on the runway. IF you selected a runway and then changed your mind, you are probably hitting a bug that seems to break that trigger. The fix in this case is to delete the trigger and then recreate it without touching the runway attribute.We also occasionally ran into airport landing triggers that just didn't work for some odd reason. In those cases if we couldn't get it to work we would give up and use an area landing trigger with the area placed around the place where they are intended to land.One other tip, an area landing trigger can be used without an associated area and that trigger will fire no matter where you land.

Thx for the info, i noticed the runway property and it was empty so i think that couldn't be the problem. I already thought about the idea of using an area in combination with condition for speed and height but didn't implement it, i'll give it a try in a few moments.

Allright i started a new mission with just a trigger for a welcome message and an airportLandingTrigger witch is active but still it doesn't work.. perhaps someone can take a look at the mission? I uploaded it and you can download it at http://www.passero.be/passero.rar Could it be a bug that FSX doesn't know that i'm landed or something like that? Isn't the airport big enough? Is it me? I just land my plane at the airport, i don't use ATC or something...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this