Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Amazon Trek - bugs or pilot error?

Hello. I seem to be having quite a few problems with the Mission Amazon Trek, and I was wondering if my mission has become corrupt or it is something else. I'd also like to say I did read the post below regarding this mission and I can't seem to get that far.The mission began without incident, although **SPOILERS AHEAD** when I did the first water landing at the village, I took a bit of a hard landing. I then taxied to pick up supplies. After I loaded up, my rudder stopped working. It seemed to get stuck all the way to the left. I reloaded the game and then it was pointing straight and working, but there was no animation of it moving at all. I also had a very difficult time taking off.I made it to the temple and taxied, only to find that I couldn't take off again - even going as fast as 85Kts. The nose of the plane just drags the water, and the trim seems to not be doing anything. I re-loaded, did the taxing again, and this time I finally managed to get in the air, only to have the 'Take over' pretty much put the cap on this flight. I happened to have saved right before the 'take over' and I just can't keep the thing in the air despite my feathering of the throttle. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to Flight sim, so I am wondering if some techniques I have not yet learned are preventing me from finishing this great mission. The plane takes a violent climb, then a straight nose-dive. The controls seem to have no effect. I know that something like this is scripted to happen but what am I doing wrong? I checked the calibration of my x52, and it was solid.

Just in case someone else runs into this issue, it was a bug. I reloaded the mission from the beginning deleted my previous save games, and the plane flew just fine. Great mission, love the end.

>Just in case someone else runs into this issue, it was a bug.>I reloaded the mission from the beginning deleted my previous>save games, and the plane flew just fine. Great mission, love>the end.I'm afraid I wouldn't call that a bug. Sounds to me like you did some damage in your hard landing and paid the price. When you deleted the saved flight you reset the "health" of the aircraft to normal.It might have been a corrupted file but I seriously doubt it - I vote for pilot error.Sometimes, if you switch to spot mode and look over the aircraft you can see the damage - other times no but the aircraft handles badly.Just MHO,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That's interesting. I thought about that, but I thought that it was out of the realm of the damage model. That would be great if that indeed was the case, it was impossible to finish the mission with the damage sustained. When I landed at the village, I landed into the water on the left side of the river. I taxied towards the waypoint and - *woah* there's a waterfall there! Since I already had throttled back - I was unprepared at the controls. I was taking in the sites when the Goose became airborn again over the waterfall. That's when it hit hard. So you are right it was pilot error. I wonder what system had sustained the damage. Probably it was the rudder. I can tell you this, the manual rudder (shift-9) adjust didn't work at all. Anyway, it was a fantastic mission.