Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surfstud31

PlayList Action Does not Work

Guest Surfstud31

I am building a mission which has a soundtrack of about 30 songs in it. The problem is, no matter what I do, I cannot get the Playlist Action to work! Everytime I add a playlist, the mission no longer loads. Take out the playlist and the mission loads fine.I have already checked that the files are in the correct format and they do work when used with the Oneshotsound action BUT NOT with the playlist action.This makes absolutely no sense and I have scoured the Net just to discover that very few if any people have used the Playlist action yet in a mission.Does anyone know how to make the Playlist Action actually work? If so, please post here. I can create the soundtrack with individual Oneshotsound actions but that seems ludicrous when the Playlist Action should do it! Please help

We decided not to use playlists in our missions, but we did use this feature when prototyping. I had forgotten how to use the feature and then I was reminded by the developer who coded it that the playlist files need to be in the main sound folder for FSX. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense initially but music files as wavs take a lot of space and you might want to use them in multiple missions, so I guess it makes sense to put them all in one spot that all missions can get to. I haven't tried it out, but I'm curious if it will work for you.

Guest Surfstud31

Thank you! The Playlist Action works great when the wav files are put directly in the main FSX sound folder. I had tried before to put them in a sub-folder of the main FSX sound folder but that hadn't worked.But quite frankly, that seems a terrible idea to me as it mixes your music wav files with the default wav sound files for FSX. At least it would help if you could put them in a sub-folder to keep them separate (like ground handling sounds).The other problem with this method is sharing the mission. In order to let other people use it, they have to separately put the sound files in the main sound folder.What I ended up doing was attaching a timer trigger and one shot sound action to each and every music wav file so that they would be timed to play one after the other. It worked quite well and allowed me to keep the mission self-contained as one folder. But it is time consuming.Thank you again for your reply as this was REALLY bugging me and now I know it works!

Hi FolksSurfstud31 -You can place your playlist soundfiles in a sub-folder of 'Sound'.Suggest adding a common subfolder,that we all adopt that as a standard playlist location.e.g.Microsoft Flight Simulator XSoundMission_PlaylistsThat you place your soundfiles in mission specific subfolders.e.g.Microsoft Flight Simulator XSoundMission_PlaylistsMyRescueMissionThe folder name is not yet finalised,so please contribute your thoughts in the thread at - FsDeveloper - One Shot Sound & Play Listhttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4485HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg