Sign in to follow this  
Guest griffman

Final landing spot in Civil Air Patrol Search?

Guest griffman

OK, I'm basically done with this mission, however ... I cannot seem to land in the right spot to get the mission to accept that I've made it. I've flown back to home base, and landed and stopped right next to the ambulance. I've tried spinning around in the spot so I'm facing forward, I've tried parking on all sides of the ambulance ... I went to the hangar ... I shut down the engine to be sure that wasn't the problem.All for naught -- the mission status stills says that I haven't completed the mission because I landed in the wrong spot. What obvious thing am I missing?thanks;-rob.

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is that maybe you didn't follow the waypoint instructions. You could try starting the mission over, not anybody's first choice but the only way that comes to mind right now.

Guest griffman

What's strange is that everything works up to that point: I radio the field that I'm here to land, she says "great, see you in a few!," and the mission pointer is pointing right at the field.If I missed a checkpoint somewhere, wouldn't the announcements be off, and other parts of the mission also be wrong? I was able to grab the stranded flier, and all the announcements were in sync...-rob.

Guest Carlos Perea

Where are you landing? At the departure field or at McCall?

Guest christian

Maybe you hit a bug. If you're really fast (I was) you need to head back to where you started. However, if you pickup the pilot, what should happen is that it's getting too dark for landing at the home airstrip. I tried this the second time round by wasting some time after picking up the guy with the broken leg. After a while you get a message that it's too dark now and you need to head to McCall. Maybe you never got this message?Also, you need to perform a clean landing. I've done almost all missions now and sometimes my landings weren't 100% clean (touchdown too late or slightly got off the runway). Landings that aren't quite 100% don't count.Christian

Guest griffman

I think I may have been too fast, or maybe it was a bug. I wound up reflying the mission from the start, and when I landed (I never got a message about it being too dark), the "mission successful" message appeared immediately.Now if I could just get that dang Cub down on top of the truck! :)-rob.

Guest daviangel

>I think I may have been too fast, or maybe it was a bug. I>wound up reflying the mission from the start, and when I>landed (I never got a message about it being too dark), the>"mission successful" message appeared immediately.>>Now if I could just get that dang Cub down on top of the>truck! :)>>-rob.Yeah I never recieved message about it getting dark so I reflew it and just headed for McCall and landed there so I could get extra reward from govenor even though I was never directed there I still got extra reward. So either it's random or a bug?"Earned for landing at McCall, completing Mission: Civil Air Patrol Search"

Guest The B of BLT

I had the same problem. Parked next to the ambulance and nothing. So I took off and landed on runway 16 and after slowing down recieve the Mission Successful. You must have to hit the landing just right.

Guest eivlevo

Try stopping on the runway and waiting.I remember I stopped on the runway and then they said taxi to the ambulance or blah blah blah.Next thing I would do is maybe clean up the airplane. Flaps etc.With alot of the tailwheel stuff I think theyre waiting to see if people groundloop it. So if you stop on the runway. It counts it A OK.~DAVE