Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoeingGuy

747 Test Flight

I need help. I can make it to the part where the first engine fails. But all of a sudden, the plane loses all speed and begins a violent plunge towards the ground, and I cannot regain control. After the #4 engine fails, I turn right (could this be the problem?) to get back to the Edwards VOR, and I start spiraling downwards. Even when I do make it to the airport, where the wheels touch the pavement, they just sink into it and the sim registers a crash. I need help!Thanks,BoeingGuy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's been a couple of months since I flew this mission, but I recall making a turn to the left. Over all I found the mission to border on the rediculously simple, something I suspect has to do with the flight model which from what I gather is as far from the real thing as you can get...You should be able to fly the aircraft pretty much as normal, just increase N1 on the remaining engines to maintain airspeed throughout the landing and compensate with rudder to keep the right heading.Since you say you make it to the runway at times but crash on the pavement I suspect your descent is too steep...

Yeah, you shouldn't turn as you normally would. Use the rudder as often as you can.

Yippee, made it first try.Almost augered in when the first engine failed at critical AOA, but I pulled off a recovery before Terra Firma and touched down gently on runway 22 at Edwards.Good luck... Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hey Boeing Guy...Did u get this sorted btw? (I just saw your post). Fwiw, everytime I've flown this mission, I've turned to the right.Rob O.