Sign in to follow this  
Guest VinnieFSX

Resort Supply

Guest VinnieFSX

I get to the airport where you have to pick-up the Maule, but when I land, I can't seem to find the Maule. Where did you guys find the Maule?Ta.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Vinnie,If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway.I just reflew this mission, and took the following screenshots on my arrival at Stahekin State:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187017.jpgI overflew the runway, rather than land, to get a closer look:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187018.jpgHope that helps.

Guest Shalomar

He He. You deliberately overflew to get a better look? I usually overfly cuz I am too fast after shoehorning myself down thru the mountains. I wind up going around; need a tight base leg to avoid the granite cloud... :-) You usually nail the right aproach speed and altitude on your first pass? Kudos...Best regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest VinnieFSX

I landed the other way, so that might be the problem :-)

Guest fsxmissionguy

Actually, overflying an unfamiliar runway is standard operating procedure for me in the missions or even in freeflight.Some mission designers might, just as an example, put an obstacle on the runway to surprise the unprepared captain.You've been warned.

Guest VinnieFSX

Thanks for your help, fsxmissionguy. I finally completed the mission with a *few* knife edge turns at the Maule pick-up airport.

Guest fsxmissionguy

No problem. Although I didn't design that mission, it's one of my favorites!Cheers,

"If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway." The links in the quoted post, like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, are still dead (a Saturday Night Live in the Chevy Chase days reference, for the younger crowd.)I can't for the life of me find the Maule. I'm at the correct airport, because the mission pointer is in the middle of it, and the direct-to on the GPS says so. I landed on runway 13. Just before landing, the copilot says, "There's the Maule." There are 2 Cubs (one red, one yellow), a few vehicles, and some "porta-potties" on the left side of the runway about halfway down, but I can't find anything else. I've even taxied up and down both sides of the runway, stopping every few feet, but nothing. I really like this mission so far, but this is driving me nuts (nuttier?). What's going on, here? Can anybody help? Help!!!Jerry

I have no Idea why you can't see the Maule. If this is of any help...when i did the mission I set scenery complexity to extremely dense, and autogen to none, and I did it fine...

I have no Idea why you can't see the Maule. If this is of any help...when i did the mission I set scenery complexity to extremely dense, and autogen to none, and I did it fine...
Thanks for the info. I'll try it.Thanks,Jerry

I did set the Scenery Complexity to extremely dense and autogen to none, and I still couldn''t find the darned plane!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!