Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyFenton

Sudden Reboot

Guest TonyFenton

I've been having a problem with sudden reboots in FS9, and it seems to be cropping up in FSX as well.Sometimes they happen just out of the blue, but one thing I know that greatly increases the chance of it happening is going to the map view screen. When I switch back, quite often the computer will reboot itself.I've updated both my video and audio drivers.I have a P4 3.2 ghz, 2 Mg pc3200 ram, ATI X800XL 256Mg video card, Windows XP home sp2.Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I'm fresh out of ideas on what to do about this very annoying problem.

Guest TempNZ

I have this problem as well, but only with FSX.I have a matrox triplehead2go, and if I set my resolution to anything higher than single screen (1280x1024) my PC will reboot.:(

Guest psouthan

Does this happen to you only when using flightsim or other programs as well? I went nuts for months trying to work out what was happening, then a friend came round to my house, did something (sorryI will find out exactly what) and said it was to do with oxidation or something like that. I will get back to you on this when i talk to him tomorrow. Sorry to be vague but you might be aware of what he is talking about. I will get back to you.Paul

. . also check for the latest motherboard bios version. Run DXdiag to get all your system info. XP is stable with FS9, and this is very likely to be a video driver or bios issue. I would also get it stable before you stick FSX on the pc, as that one seems to introduce its own flavour of crashes. If the bios is the latest, your drivers are the latest, and the DirectX diagnostic tool doesn't throw up any errors, then I think I would be pulling out the addons, one by one. If that doesn't do it - you're moving towards, firstly wiping FS9, cleaning the registry and then reinstalling it. If the issue still exists after that - then it's off to the operating system, with a fresh install and all that entails.You have my sympathy. Good luck.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest gulfstreamg100

I was having this problem too, when switching views in FSX using the "S" key..The only way i've found to stop it, is disabling the "nearest tower" camera view inside the cameras.cfg file (just added two // before the nearest tower line) i hope to find a solution and have my nearest tower view backBest Regards,

Guest TonyFenton

I think I found the problem and fixed it. (Finding wood to knock on..)It turns out that there was a known issue with the driver for my joystick, of all things. I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo, and aparently there was an issue between it and P4 hyperthreading that caused sudden reboots. I downloaded the new driver and control software and haven't been able to make it crash since.Thanks to everyone for thier assistance!