Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Crash & reboot.

Hi AllI have a Duo Core GF 7950 Video Card with 2 Gigs of Ram and I have been getting several crashes where FSX completely disappears, then I get a black screen and the computer reboots back up to XP O.S.This appears to happen when flying the FSD Seneca for FSX, but have not tried other aircraft at this point.Prior to getting the crash, I hear a loud hum from the computer for several seconds then it crashes like I describe above.I also have had my instrument panel disappear on various aircraft when their is low visibility etc.I believe I have overcome this by setting the min visibility to 15 miles in the Active Sky options which was suggested over in the Active Sky forum.Thanking fellow simmers for their comments, and wishing everyone a very Merry Xmas.Kenny G.

>Hi All>I have a Duo Core GF 7950 Video Card with 2 Gigs of Ram and I>have been getting several crashes where FSX completely>disappears, then I get a black screen and the computer reboots>back up to XP O.S.>This appears to happen when flying the FSD Seneca for FSX, but>have not tried other aircraft at this point.>Prior to getting the crash, I hear a loud hum from the>computer for several seconds then it crashes like I describe>above.>I also have had my instrument panel disappear on various>aircraft when their is low visibility etc.>I believe I have overcome this by setting the min visibility>to 15 miles in the Active Sky options which was suggested over>in the Active Sky forum.>Thanking fellow simmers for their comments, and wishing>everyone a very Merry Xmas.>>Kenny G.It appears I have no takers for my problem.I beleive the problem has been corrected from information I received from another forum.No more lost instrument panels or Crashes to the O.S.Take CareKenny G.>>>

Guest Marlin Manhiem

>>It appears I have no takers for my problem.>I beleive the problem has been corrected from information I>received from another forum.>No more lost instrument panels or Crashes to the O.S.>>Take Care>>Kenny G.>>KennySo tell me, how did you fix your problem. I've been having the 'same' crash to restart problem and maybe your solution will work for me. I hope