Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird8

Freeze when 'Loading Terrain' message appears..?

I have only just loaded FSX for the first time and whilst so far it has been a very good experience, the moment I try and change any aircraft type or location settings from within the game I get the 'Loading Terrain' message, (where the % meter builds as the terrain loads) but the system freezes usually at around 30%, and I have to give it 'Control/Alt/Delete' and force the app to quit.I am running it on a new Mac pro (running windows natively) so the bootcamp drivers might not be the latest ones but everything else is great so I am assuming they are. Everything else is running smoothly though, and I am very impressed indeed with the FPS performance.As I said, it only happens when I have started a flight, and to be honest I was changing locations more to have a poke around. In usual terms, I would not change locations after starting a flight.Is this common?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know this post is ten months old, but I too have a similar problem. I installed FSX cleanly, it works, then I installed accel. When the main menu finally loads it sucks the life out of my computer, and if I can manage to get the mouse to the "fly now" button and click it, the the "loading terrain textures" window appears and stalls right around 30%. This is a sorry excuse for software. If you got that worked out on your macbook, let me know how.Thanks