Sign in to follow this  
asquel

I solved my problem of menu CTDs

Hi,I just want to share the way I solved my problems of menu CTDs.I have FSX SP2 (without Acceleration), a Dell Pentium D430, XP SP2, a NVidia 6800 video card. I upgraded my video drivers from the original ones (77.74) to the last WHQL (169.21). At approximately the same time, I loaded from this site a free Algeria scenery, with which I had missing textures, and then my problems started : the D3D9.dll errors when saving a flight, changing the airplane's location or modifying the display parameters. I uninstalled the scenery but the problems remained.I uninstalled several times SP2, reinstalled it, installed the newest DirectX9 update, to no avail.Eventually, I decided to clear the video drivers, using first the normal uninstaller, then Driver Sweeper 1.0, found on guru3D.com. You have to follow carefully the instructions, especially execute Driver Sweeper in safe mode. It deleted the following files : Deleted file (C:WINDOWSprefetchNVUNINST.EXE-1E0A4C4A.pf)Deleted file (C:WINDOWSprefetchNWIZ.EXE-2D0F9FBC.pf)Deleted file (C:WINDOWSSystem32driversnv4_mini.sys)Deleted file (C:WINDOWSSystem32nv4_disp.dll)Deleted folder (NVIDIA)Deleted registry (HKCUSoftwareNVIDIA CorporationNVIDIA Control Panel)I then re-installed the 169.21 drivers. I'm running FSX for more than a week now, I saved flights, changed locations and modified parameters without experiencing one CTD.I know that what worked with my PC will not work for all, but maybe my experience will help some of you.RegardsAlain