Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

NO SUN ! NO STARS !

Guest Raptor

Hello guys,,I don't know where should I begin from, but..Neither the sun nor the stars I can see. I don't know why.e.g. at the dusk ,the sky goes to red as normal..but there is no sun.I get sun glare without sun...abnormal!at night, I cannot see anything in the sky but the moon!any slover ?Abraham .R

Hi there,I'm afraid I can't help you about the sun problem. Have you installed any add on textures, environment stuff etc.? Might also be a visibility problem?!For more stars in FS9 check these links:http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsStars/MyFsStars.htmor direct download http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsStars/MyFsStars-1-0.zipAlways make sure to backup first ;-)Hope this helps,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Raptor

unfortunately,Nothing changed,,,

Hi Abraham,you didn't say whether this was on a new install or something that happened to an install that was working ok before...The FS9 folder should have a stars.dat (the stars data file) and a suneffect.cfg file; this may be where the sunglow comes from.The main FS9texture folder should have a sun.bmp and a sun6.bmp; I have both, but one may have been added by an add-on product - I'm not real sure - and a sunglow.bmp and a corona1.bmp. I found all but the sunglow file in 'backup' folder saved when I installed Flight Environment so my guess is they are all original and essential files.If you are missing any of these files, you should be able to recover them from the CD. I've not tried to find them on the CD set but they are there somewhere. I'll try searching - I did not find the sun.bmp in a 'listing' of the cd contents but I'll look a little deeper.Hope this helpsLoyd