Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Splash screen problem

Well, last friday I installed Project Mach2 Concorde, with the base and night textures, Air France and British Airways liveries, Pedro Oliveira's panel and FS2004 patch. After install, now I notice the FS2004 splash screen has been replaced with a concorde photograph.I tried to uninstall the Concorde, but surprise: there's not uninstaller, so I decided to remove manually the splash screen. But I see 3 different splash screens: the Concorde picture one, the FS2004 instructor one, and the FS2002 Pro (yes, 2002 Professional) available.:(Does anybody know in which CD of the FS2004 installer is the original FS2004 splash screen (and which .cab file? Or does anybody know about an uninstaller? System Restore didn't work for me (there wasn't any suitable restore point).Thanks in advanceLuis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The FS2004 original splash screen is "dlgsplash.bmp" in MSGAME3.CAB on Disc #2 (look in the UIRES section). Before downloading the original do a search for the original on your system. (Most add-on folks don't delete the original splash screen, they just move it out of the UIRES folder in FS9 and replace it with theirs).Hope this helps,Greg

Thanks a lot Greg. It worked.Talking about the part you said about not deleting the original splash but moving it out, I think the guys at FsFrance did it... but they thought I had FS2002, so they left me the FS2002 original splash screen.Luis