Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmaan89

Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 - How realistic is it?

Guest rmaan89

Hi all,I appologize if i posted this in the wrong forum but I did not know where else to post this. I own the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22, its a beautiful aircraft, and in my opinion it is one of the most accurately modeled and realistic GA aircraft that has been released for FS9. I fly it daily and have downloaded the offical FlightMax Entegra manuals and the manual for the S-Tec 55X autopilot system that it contains. I have however noticed some things that the manualS-TEC manual details and I was wondering if it is possible to perform this in FS9.The S-TEC manual describes that the autopilot has the capability to automatically capture and hold the assigned altitude.The correct procedure for this is to hold down the VS button as well as the ALT button at the same time. This basically arms the altitude hold mode so that the aircraft automatically lowers the VS and eventually captures and holds the altitude entered into the PFD. However seeing as you cannot holddown two buttons in the aircraft, how would you do this? Is the altitude capture modeled? :-SThe same is true with the HDG and NAV buttons, you can arm the NAV mode while in HDG mode to automatically capture the desired track...is this possible with the aircraft in the sim?Any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated,kindest regards,Arman Motiwalla

First off, the Cirrus 20 and 22 were developed with real world Cirrus pilots and has been given very high marks. Some actually use it/them to keep themselves both familiar with the Avidyne panels, and also some have actually learned new ways to use the panels via the Eaglesoft model.The S-Tec AP: This is described in the Eaglesoft manual.Click on the space *between* the ALT/VS buttons to use that feature, same with the HD/NAV feature.If you have any future questions, you might want to check out the Eagesoft forum, as it is a great place to get quick answers from users and the developers directly.

As Brian pointed out, the spot between ALT/VS button emulates holding two buttons at once.The spot between HDG/NAV accomplishes the same for roll commands.The Upcoming FSX Version and the Upcoming FS9 free update fixes a few little issues involved in correct HDG/NAV functionality and also supports multiple Direct To changes while in GPS Steering Mode.More on this very soon:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest rmaan89

WOW! I didn't think it had been modeled but I'm really glad to hear that thanks! I'd just like to thank you for such an amazing product, I absolutely adore flying the SR22 and I can't thank you enough for creating such a beautiful rendition of the aircraft! I did not know that the aircraft would be ported for FSX, any idea of when this update will be available?!Concerning future developments of the SR22 do you think the Avionics suite will be developed further (i.e. having digital chart capabilities, wx overlays and other features of the Entegra system - like in the real SR22?) Just wondering if this aircraft will be developed further because even though its near perfect now, I would love to see future improvements! Thanks for your time,Arman

>WOW! I didn't think it had been modeled but I'm really glad>to hear that thanks! I'd just like to thank you for such an>amazing product, I absolutely adore flying the SR22 and I>can't thank you enough for creating such a beautiful rendition>of the aircraft! I did not know that the aircraft would be>ported for FSX, any idea of when this update will be>available?!>>Concerning future developments of the SR22 do you think the>Avionics suite will be developed further (i.e. having digital>chart capabilities, wx overlays and other features of the>Entegra system - like in the real SR22?) Just wondering if>this aircraft will be developed further because even though>its near perfect now, I would love to see future improvements!>>>Thanks for your time,>>ArmanThank you for the kind words.:-) The upcoming free update for FS9 Cirrus SR20 and Cirrus SR22 includes quite a few "behind the scenes" tweaks to the Eaglesoft Avidyne Entegra avionics package but does not add any new capabilites. Those capabilities cannot be offered at the current price point.Eaglesoft Avidyne Entegra avionics package is under constant review and development but we cannot say more at this time.To add value to our Cirrus Series for FSX and the free update for FS9, we add two new 2006 Cirrus SR22 GTS(Gold and Silver)liveries as well.We think current and new owners of our Cirrus will be very pleased with what we provide:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest rmaan89

Glad to hear that! Looking forward to more update etc :)