Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

Adjusting FS config file when using Matrox Triple Head 2 Go..a question

To all of you intelligent folks:Quick question....I use this hardware and now do all of my flying in the virtual cockpits...with a wonderful immersive feeling in the cockpit and in the expanded scenery. There is a slight trade off in that runway lights sometimes appear enlarged (or distorted)at this resolution (3860 x 1024).I remember seeing (somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now) a post about tweeking the FS config file to make the runway approach lights (VASI, etc) appear normal when flying in the horizontally expanded view that the Matrox hardware allows. Does anyone know what these new settings to the config file should be??? Thanks in advance. R/Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mike,Download Brian Neitzel's Alternative Halo Texture's version 5 here: http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?op=vi...ttitle=aht5.zip and read his instructions. Most people find the smallest halo texture set without the glow or starburst effect around it to work best with Matrox's TH2Go. Hopefully Brian will upload this file to AVSIM's file library soon, he has many other older ones here.

Thank you so much......this is exactly what I was looking for.....and a great day to you my friend.r/Mike