Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

View Cycling

Hi all,I am trying to get the VC view to go away since I am flying an add-on Beech 1900 that has no VC. How do I turn off this view from cycling?I did a search and didn't find an answer to this.Thanks in advance,dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dolph,I've wanted the same thing from time to time; I don't think it's possible in fs9. I either tap the 's' key quickly to pass it or cycle the other direction. You can select the desired view from the menus but that is tedious. How about defining an extra view and toggling between that and your 'usual' window?Loyd

You can press SHIFT + S and that will bypass the VC. You will go from 2D panel to spot-plane view.

>Hi Dolph,>>I've wanted the same thing from time to time; I don't think>it's possible in fs9. I either tap the 's' key quickly to pass>it or cycle the other direction. You can select the desired>view from the menus but that is tedious. How about defining>an extra view and toggling between that and your 'usual'>window?>>LoydThanks guys. Loyd? An extra view? How does one do that? And how would one toggle back and forth?

I may be remembering wrong, but doesn't the detault Lear have no VC view, just the 2D, spot and tower views?If so, it may be worth trying to work out what's different about the Lear's AIRCRAFT.CFG file. Or some other file.I'd like to get rid of VC and tower views, and just have 2D and spot.Martin

>I may be remembering wrong, but doesn't the detault Lear have>no VC view, just the 2D, spot and tower views?>>If so, it may be worth trying to work out what's different>about the Lear's AIRCRAFT.CFG file. Or some other file.>>I'd like to get rid of VC and tower views, and just have 2D>and spot.>>Martin>I'm using a panel that has an exact size match to the VC (yes the lear has a VC). It's by Thomas Meier (lear45_panel_0609.zip and the fix for it lear45_panel_0609f1.zip both on this site). I doubt Thomas added the VC but I am not sure anymore...dolph

My apologies. I think maybe it was the FS2002 Lear that was missing a VC.Martin

Dolph,New views:The "[" key creates a new window. When created, it is 'active' and the 'S' key will switch views in it just like the main window. The "]" key kills it.As a window you can move it, resize it, undock it or cycle through all windows with (SHIFT)CTRL+TAB the same as you do with the "S" key. You may have to read through the use of the keys in the kneeboard and practice a little but like anything else, the more you use it the easier it becomes. If you look at the View-Options dialog while this new window exists you will see it in the dropdown list on the upper left side.Also, make sure which window is active BEFORE you kill it - if the "S" key changes it, then it's active. There is also a faint white border around the active window.Depends on your needs and your equipment, but sometimes it is neat to be able to open (and undock) multiple windows with different views and leave them all open.Loydhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160107.jpg