Sign in to follow this  
Guest drmweaver2

Traffic Tools???

I have installed Traffic Tools sdk per the instructions on the Microsoft site... twice. Once on an earlier FS9 installation and just a few minutes ago on a new one. However, unlike the first time where I got a menu choice added to my ALT menu at the top of the FS9 screen, I do not now have the same entry or choice. It just isn't there.I've forgotten exactly where the Traffic Tools menu choice should be, bu I've looked through each of the pull downs and its just no there.I have confirmed manualy/visally that the appropriate dll was installed.Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi John,it's been a year since I rebuilt but I think I remember that the installation leaves the dll in the installation location. If that's true then you need to copy it into the fs9modules folder. I believe that adds a 'tools' item to the menu.I do know that it has to be in the modules folder; if yours is there and it still doesn't show up.... I'm at a loss to offer any other suggestion.Loyd

Yep, it's there. I'm at a loss also.Thanks for the response though.

Traffic Tools is an addon program created by Lee Swordy to generate AI traffic files (.BGL's) for FS form text files.TrafficToolBox is an FS2004 (and FSX) SDK tool to view AI traffic information.The TrafficToolBox.dll file needs to be copied from the SDK installation folder and placed in the FS2004 modules folder.There is a different process in FSX because there is not a default modules folder - but it still works the same way.