Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Hardware Question

Hello everyone:First off - if this is the wrong forum - feel free to move it to wherever it should be...I am thinking of building a new PC. Right now I have a 2.53 GHz with 512 MB RAM. I'm looking to go up to 2 GB of RAM with either a Intel Core Duo processor at 2.4 GHz or a Pentium D at 3.6 GHz.Anybody know if FS9 / FS10 will run well with the dual cores? Or - is it best to stick with the faster single core? The price is virtually the same (+/- $20) -- so I'm ok either way.Edit: Here's the link to the specs: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishli...ishListTitle=PCThanks for the input.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX has been written for Core Duo.. for sure is much better. If you wait a month there will be Quad Core processor from intel.. better to wait a bit..zaGURUinzaSKYwww.iat-aerobatic.com

Dan, Look at my specs below. I still run an AGP system and I get good FPS. I usually am around 30-40 FPS while in the sky and away from major cities. While around major cities my FPS might jump down to 18-25, but my biggest hits are around my add-on scenery for Atlanta, 12-25. I am usually flying the PMDG 747-400QOTS.Hope this helps you out. Remember, my system is still AGP.