Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Still regarding framerate...

A couple of weeks ago I started a post regarding framerate in FS9.Suddenly I started having stutters and my framerate counter jumped all over the place every second for no apparent reason.I tried a lot of suggestions but nothing seemed to work.Today I tried Filemon and discovered two problems.One is caused by an Ultimate Terrain effects file and while there is no solution at the moment, I followed someone

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Hugo,The EFFECTS.FX file is what is missing, hence why filemon is reporting the error.When FS cannot find a file it automatically searches every possible location it could be in, hence the reference to the FS9.CAB file. FS is simply looking for the EFEECTS.FX file in the FS9.CAB file, which of course does not exist.If EFFECTS.FX is a default file, you can restore it from the FS9 CD's.The problem is when the file is not FS9 default, as you have to now track down which addon references this effect file.As an example, I recently had a WOAI file (BA) where the 737-400 was referencing a missing effects file called strobefx.fx and causing stutters.It appears that this is a typo, so I copied the effects file strobex.fx and renamed it. Problem gone.Hope this helps.....Glenn

Glenn,Thank you for your help.Unfortunately the EFFECTS.FX file is not default. :-(The original effects folder is in FS9

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT