Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpower

Any UI interface or menu graphic replacements out there?

Hi all,I'm ready for a new look flight sim (after three years of looking at that poxy DC-3), but wasn't about to buy FSX. So, I got the random splash screen generator & some screens. Nice, no more DC3. So, along the same lines; are there any graphic replacements to spiff up my menu screens? [i did find a pack of 4 here on avsim, but am looking for something more extreme.... no offense meant]. Anyone point me in the right direction?Cheers,Tosh Power,Columbus,GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I got sick of looking at that same ole stuff too and started playing around with the bitmaps in the Uires folder myself. I made up some splash screens and a new background with a flamejob for that little screen that pops up when you load a flight (Loading Scenery Objects, blah, blah...). I also skinned the kneeboard to look a little like the FSX kneeboard, but that's about as far as I got. I just did it for the heck of it one afternoon when I was tired of making gauges.Sorry, I'm away from my FS computer at the moment and I don't even have a screenshot to show you. I can zip up those files next time I get home if you're interested.You can do it yourself, it's fairly easy but it's a little finicky about what format you save your bitmaps in. I recommend getting a copy of Imagetool and opening each .bmp before you mess with them to determine the exact format they should be saved in when you finish them up. Not all bitmaps in the Uires folder use the same format either, some are 8 bit, some are 16 bit 555 or whatever it is, and they don't work if it's not right.I don't know of anyone who's skinned the entire UI and made it available, although it's certainly possible.Jim