Sign in to follow this  

Upcoming FSCOFlight Computer Requirements???

Guest HeavyFan

The new FSCOF looks very exciting! But I have a feeling they are making this new FS for pepople that have very high end CPU's and VID Cards!!! Which i really don't like, guess because i have other stuff to pay first before FS Games, and i don't have the Big Buck's To spend to get the best high end CPU's or Vid Cards right now?? Forgive me if I am wrong about this or if this is true to run the upcoming FSCOF!?? I Hope they make this one compatible with all Systems to run FS like FS2002 is! I will be very dissapointed if it is not, after all the bugs in FS2002, that they will just step up the game for pepole that have high end systems, and guy's with not the best CPU or Vid Card can run this new FSCOF?? Can someone Please Confirm this running the new FSCOF will take all high end top dollar equipment? I have a pretty decent system right now, which is a DELL 8200 P4, 1.7GHZ machine, with 256MB RDram, 40GB HD, and a lowly 32MB Ge Force2 MX 400 card! Which was pretty good system in 2002, but it kinda old now with new 2.3 GHZ machines already! Oh well just wanted to vent a little and get some info on this, i know it's still too early to tell, but all i read in here and other froums everyone is saying it will only run on top dollar Machines!-:( MIKE??

MS page clearly says the minimum CPU for FS9 is 450 Mhz so what's exactly your problem ? And who is going to confirm anything to you - know someone at Microsoft ?Michael J.

Guest JonP01

I have not really seen any suggestion from Microsoft that FS9 will be made for high end machines and most of the posts I have read suggest people (i) are keeping an open mind and seem reasonably optimistic (ii) they are actually relieved that FS2002 appears to be the original foundation from which the new sim is being built and improved upon. If anything, in order to reach their target masss audience, it's going to have to run on a broad range of machines. I don't even think the most casual gamer who runs a Pentium II 500 is going to be very impressed if the new sim ends up looking like a Powerpoint presentation instead of a reasonably fluid representation of flight. The only significant question really seems to be the unknown impact of the new weather engine. I think that apart from that, people trust Microsoft enough not to bugger up the basic core code given that it's previous FS2002 incarnation has worked so well for the majority of users. Then again, Microsoft did put out a game not so long ago called CFS3, so I guess I won't trust them completely not to balls it up :-lol I guess we will all know the exact answer when we load FS9 up on our own machines.

A bit nasty there Mick, no need to go for the throat. I'm hoping that if FSCOF is offering some visual enhancements over FS2K2, but with work done on optimising the FS2K2 core, then it could have similar hardware demands to FS2K2. We'll find out for sure in a few months time anyway - no point fretting just yet!

Published minimum specs are almost identical to those for FS2002, and the pressrelease states they're concentrating heavily on optimisation.I wouldn't be surprised if you could run it on the same machine as FS2002 with similar if not better performance if you use the same visual settings you now do.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey thank's for the Heads up guy's! I only seen the new screen shots and short stories! So i did not know it had similar sepcs to run it like FS2002! and i got my info about the high end comp stuff, i seen guy's saying that if FSCOF was to run soothly that it would take high end systems and VID cards,? I am just going off other guy's info in other FlightSim forums, so i needed to get my own answers, Thank's for the info, that why i posted this message to find out more info from the nice people here at Avsim forums!>>>MS page clearly says the minimum CPU for FS9 is 450 Mhz so what's exactly your problem ? And who is going to confirm anything to you - know someone at Microsoft ?Michael J.WOOOOOWWWWWW! Take a chill Pill Michael J!!!! All I was asking for was info! Why gotta be so rude about it! I DON"T Know anyone at MICROSOFT!!! DO YOU!!!!!???????? If don't have any nice things to say, or write a nice reply, don't reply at all, man some people take things so seriously in here! CHILL OUT!!!thank's to everyone else for clearing things up for me on FSCOF! Apprecaite it! MIKE-:)

I think Michael J hit the nail on the head. You ask a question that cannot be satisfactorily answered without inside knowledge of the new game, knowledge which none of us can have at this stage. Especially as it hasn't gone beta yet, as you must know as a regular visitor to this forum. It is inappropropriate to ask as it relies on speculation and guesswork. Why can't [/b]you[/b]take a `chill pill` and hold off asking questions until the sim is previewed by sites such as Avsim?Meantime, you could do some hard saving and upgrade your hardware so that you can be sure that you're computer can cope and save us all the whinging that will inevitably follow when you find that your computer isn't up to the job when you were assured by the group (which knew nothing) that it was.Sorry to have to be so blunt with the facts, but you did ask.ChasW

Guest HeavyFan

hey Chas! OK I understand where you guy's are coming from! Like i said in my first message, I know the game is not even out yet!? But i thought some guy's would have a little at least spec info on hwta it would take to run the new FSCOF sim!? Maybe i worded my Question wrong above! But why is everyone getting thier Panties in a BUNCH from my Question?? it's not like i am not Demannding an Answer, as i know the game is not even out yet!!? So why everyone gotta be so ###### for, SHEEEESH! After this kind of blunt rude kind of answers, guess i will think twice as to posting this kind of question here again! man i ask for a small bit of info, and i get my head tore off and kicked in the Dirt! I just wanted a polite yes it needs this and that, or no and just wait and see? that's all i was looking for! OK That's it, if the Mods here can DELETE this thread or LOCK IT, I would apprecite it! Never thought my Question would create such a stir with pepole in here!! never mind already as it's going to end up a big bashing of me! :-fume :-fume :-8 :-8 :-roll

Hey... how dare you ask the moderators to lock this thread!!!You are so rude and should be banned.And the questions you ask are so stupid... Get a brain.Just joking :) :) :) I agree with you! The question you asked was very reasonable.. People should respond with courtesy or not at all.Matthew