Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Cant Open flightlplan

Hi all, I cant seem to open a filed flightplan from Tucson International airport. When I file a flightplan there is usually an option in the ATC window to contact Clearance Delivery, however that wan't there. Is there a fix for this?Thanks,Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bill,If you want to open a flight plan via the ATC window, doesn't it go something like this--1.ATC option Open flight plan 2.Go to your flight plan box3.scroll until you find the one you want4.click Load5.Do you want FS to move your aircraft to ...etc etc6. click yes or no7. flight plan loadedI hope I haven't got hold of the wrong end of the stick...again.Andy.

Thanks Andy, I did all of that, however I dont get a Contact Clearance Delivery opetion to get my ATC Clearance at KTUS.Bill

Hi again Bill,I have tried that from KTUS, both IFR and VFR and have no problems. The clearance part is when going IFR, right?Because I only listen to ATIS once every 4 months I found that FS had me positioned on 29 R when if fact the takeoff was to be from 11! which seemed an odd way to start off and I should have listened to that before taxiing off, so whether that is what you mean about not getting clearance when at the runway... however if you just contact the tower even when at the wrong runway you will get clearance to go, but you need to contact them to get that procedure moving along.Is your flightplan properly filed, and you clicked the box to load it and were asked whether you wanted to go to the airport? when you click that you will be taken to the start runway, unless you specified a parking spot as you made the flightplan.Andy.

I cannot contact Clearance Delivery to get my squak code, and my inital assigned altitude after takeoff before contacting ground to taxi.Bill

Problem fixed, dont now what happened the first time around, but now it works.Thanks,Bill