Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

Ariane panel

is anyone using or planning on getting the new Ariane analogue panel. It seems like the new one will be pretty decent but I havent heard anything about it.Andrew

I'm thinking about it, but I'm waiting for a review, some clear photos, and a detailed manual.Cheers!

Yeah thats kinda why I posted this. Gone fishing for a review by someone that has purchased it.Andrew

Guest Macs

Ya I used it. Not a bad panel,ok and the graphics and such are pretty good,overall not too bad. The only thing I'm peeved at is the Fact that they marketed it as a panel and plan used for "real flying",as in no FMC and such,when all the while an FMC is in Progress.So they obviously released a half completed Panel which isn't bad. Knowing PT I reckon they will charge for the upgrade as well.My advice,wait till the cockpit is completed.RegardsJohn Mc AvinueEINN/BAV 855Senior captain-600HRShttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600

Thanks John, I was under the impression it was an older style cockpit with no FMC. If they are going to add one maybe I will wait. Andrew

I have used it..and no FMC because its the old SWA style.I wasnt expecting a FMC. Its ok...but preformance isnt good, and it lacks functions.41,200 downloads and counting on Avsim alone.http://www.projectopensky.com/banners/gary_banner.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest Toni Rauch

AndrewIf you're looking for a panel with a (almost) fully functional FMC, why wait for Ariane's panel rehash?The Dreamfleet 737 package includes an excellent panel with pretty well all major systems working and, although it was written originally for FS2000, the update to FS2002 works extremely well..IMHO, still the best 737 panel out there and well worth the price.Hope this helps.Toni.

Toni, Thanks for the reply. I have the Dreamfleet 737 and am quite familiar with it. I had it back in FS2k and I thought it was truly the greatest airliner. For some reason in FS2k2 it does not work as I remember it. The FMC crashes every other flight and the autoland does not seem to work as advertised which is fine since I dont mind landing the plane. I guess I am just hoping for something new in the way of a nice 737. I hope that in the future Dreamfleet's FMC are intergrated like in PIC.Thanks again Andrew

Guest Toni Rauch

AndrewI reckon you may need to look further at your Dreamfleet/FS setup because I'm not getting the problems you're suffering....The entire panel is completely stable and the FMC functions perfectly every time. I also use it for all approaches, but disengage the autopilot at about 1000 feet AGL and land the plane manually, and the panel hasn't let me down yet.Either way, you'll probably be waiting 'forever' before Ariane's rehashed rehashed rehash gets even close to the Dreamfleet package.Toni.

Looks like one of the rehashes will be out this weekend. With TCAS II. I just wish I could get a handle on all this. I think I may have wasted my time though. I figure that not to many people have bought this panel for a reason.Andrew

Guest cw1011

No probs here with the DF FS2002 combo either. I'd try reinstalling it. Colin