Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidbernard

Simflyers KPHL

Guest davidbernard

Hello!I'm kinda desparate because of the virtual non-existance of simflyers. I guess they are no longer..I recently bought their KPHL scenery and try to use it in FS9. Now I know there is a problem with double ILS beams that confuses FS9 so the ILS27L can't be captured. That sucks!It seams like the ILS is in both a KPHL scenery .bgl and in the provided afcad (or the default FS9 AP___.bgl for KPHL). This results in the double ILS beams and a lot of confusion in the sim!There is a fix on the simflyers AI traffic webpage, but that doesn't seem to affect the KPHL scenery files. Strange because installation is default and recognized by the original KPHL installer file. The fix should remove the navaids from the KPHL scenery but none of the KPHL .bgl files are changed after running the fix.Anyone who solved this problem and has a working simflyers KPHL in FS9?David Bernard

Yes, I had the same issue. Posted about it on their boards too a long time ago. Had to come up with a solution myself and it works like a charm.The ILS frequency for 9R (IPHL) and 27L (IGLC) are identical (109.30) and therein lies the problem, at least, from what I understand. Open the Afcad of the scenery and change the frequency of 27L to 109.35. I did that, perhaps a very long shot, but everything has been working fine since.:-)

Mike...

In FS in general with the shared LOC freq problem another solution is to use AFCAD to turn off the back course on each end, if this is the problem you are descrfibing. Make sure it is off on the stock layer as well.

Guest davidbernard

Thnx for the help!First I unchecked the back courses in the afcads, but that didn't solve the problem. The AP is still following the ILS in the opposite direction. Changing the frequency for 27L and 09L did solve the problem. I will now live with the idea that it's not hyper realistic ;-)David Bernard