Sign in to follow this  
Guest sk8z27

flight sim will not load......

i posted this on another forum, but no help there. i've been having a problem here as of late. my flight sim did not load and seemed to take forever. i did the old control, alt, delete and it kept on saying "fs9 not responding." i did a complete uninstall/reinstall, went to the flight sim website and it said to change the config file,and changed the numbers around in the config file also for the startup. if you've done this before then you know what i'm talking about. i finally was able to get it to load after i reinstalled directx. however, it still took a while to load. i also uninstalled squawkbox for vatsim and it seemed to load a little faster. also, now when it loads it starts up with the airplane on the runway. the initial menu screen doesn't show up like it used to. the screen where you choose your airplane and airport. think it may because of me changing the number in the config file maybe. also, another problem is when i finally get it loaded and i save the flight and make it the default it never starts back up. for instance, initially it starts with a 172 on the runway at xyz airport, so i change airplanes and airport and make it the default flight but then next time it starts up it still the 172. anybody have any ideas??? did this get corrupted or something??? i don't know how this could've gotten screwed up. any ideas???

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the cause of slow loading can be hard to pin down ... it can be many things: number of aircraft in your hanger (addon and AI), scenery, condition of your HD, etc.the crash at launch when changing the default start aircraft - which aircraft are you wanting to launch? many add-on aircraft can cause problems for FS when used to 'launch the program.' i suggest you always start FS with a default aircraft (like the cessna), then switch to the add-on you are wishing to fly after FS has started to run.

'Start'/program files/microsoft games/FS2004/Troubleshooting/ResetDefaults.