Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

AFCAD Problem

I've got a couple of problems using AFCAD and Gary Summon's UK2000 Luton scenery.I was fed up of seeing loads of British Airways planes on the stands, and seeing as they don't operate there, I made changes to the AFCAD file to try to remove them.I selected the airlines that operated out of Luton and entered their codes into the parking box for each stand. Even though British Airways are no longer selected for any stands, they are still several BA aircraft on the apron. Opposite with EasyJet, who have been selected to park at all stands, but not one aircraft in sight.Also, the majority of the gates have a radius of 24.38m. The aircraft editor has the radius of my 737 set at 21m, yet MS ATC does not let me park at any of the stands. Does the aircraft radius have to be within a certain amount of the stand radius before ATC lets you park there?Thanks for any help.

The airline parking codes are "first choice" but if they are vacant and other coded ai need parking they will use any vacant gate if their assigned slots are filled and aircraft radius fits that of said gates.The only way to prevent BA from using those spaces is to modify their flightplan so they do not show up. Similarly, you have to insure Easyjet ai have Luton in their flightplans.You are evidently using some traffic file (did it come with UK2000?) or traffic utliity. If you have a traffic utility, see if you can generate a traffic report for LUTON.There is already a recent thread here on such utilities.

Guest martin842

The BA aircraft may be static aircraft. Have you downloaded the static aircraft removal utility from the support website?Martin

Thanks for the replies. Not static, made sure of that when I installed the scenery.Using MyTraffic, so just used their utility to check the Luton schedules - and indeed lots of BA and no Easy. Don't know if I can really be bothered to sort it out though!!!Wasn't aware that aircraft can use stands they aren't assigned to if no one else is using them. Thanks for that.

Guest Phantoms

I believe MyTraffic uses "realistic" traffic, but not "real world traffic", so you often see airlines at airports you wouldn't see them in real life. MyTraffic's role is to fill your skies and airports with AI, which it does. You may want to check out ProjectAI and World Of AI for real world schedule AI.