Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

ATC instructs visual approach on an ILS runway. FS9.

Hi all,In the original FS9, Amsterdam airport (EHAM) did not yet have the runway 18R/36L. However, since it's launch this (5th) runway has been built and is included in, amongst others, the fantastic addon NL2000 Netherlands scenery, as is the related AFCAD data which also includes the ILS. All is working well with AI/user aircraft etc. but a single problem remains and that is: When making an ATC approach to this new runway myself, ATC only gives visual approach instructions while the (AFCAD) ILS etc. is in fact present and can be used normally.ATC evidently does recognize the presence of the new runway but not the related ILS, probably because something is missing in the standard FS9 ATC engine or datbase or whatever.This example also holds true for many other addon airports with new ILS runways and therefor seems to be a structural FS9 ATC problem.Does anyone recognize this and/or have a solution ?RegardsHans

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For lack of better words, ILS info is not only softcoded, but also hardcoded in the sim. With Afcad, you control the softcode side of things. But without a hardcode equivalent, added instrument landing systems can only be used by the user. ATC and AI do not recognize them. Or something to that extent...:DJim Vile has done an amazing job of "hardcoding" some of the runway/ILS changes. He has done packages for several popular airports, including EHAM.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Hello there Mike,Thanks for your reaction.I downloaded Jim Vile's EHAM file and installed it as per his readme and, my problem seems to have disappeared, at least for runway 18R.Thanks again.Hans

EHAM is a very difficult airport to have working right in FS. Mostly because some of the runways only operate in one way. Such as 36L/18R. I use two Afcads for EHAM and switch them depending on wind conditions.Anyway, glad to help.