Sign in to follow this  
Guest organist123

Major FS2004 Problem

Dear all,Having been operating F2004 on a new/high end machine for the last 6months I have had to reinstall it following a problem getting it to run either the PMDG 747 or the level-D 767. Problem I'm now having is during the install it gets to 90% and will not go any further (it is trying at this point to install 'world.cab'). It then comes up with a message saying that the disk is either full (not so) or the file is in use (I have shut down all programs prior to reinstall every time). Does anybody have any idea what is going wrong and how to solve the problem?Many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know if this will help, but make sure every file for FS9 is completely uninstalled before attempting a reinstall. This includes any add-ons. If it's telling you the file is in use then it's running that file already somewhere.John M

You might also think about running chkdsk and defragging the drive FS is installed on. Could be a file system problem causing this.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile