Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pierre.

FS9 Menu disappears

Guest Pierre.

My FS9 Menu disappears often lately and I really dont know why it is.A friend of mine told me to do a completely re-install cause it might be an addon causing the prob.Here a quick overview of my addons:Aerosoft Mega-Airport FrankfurtFlyTampa Boston + SeattleFreeZ Zurich AirportTinmouse IICS 752Aeroworx B200and some others...Did someone recognized that problem aswell?Im happy for your helpPierre

Pierre,Don't bother reinstalling. I have the same issue. on 2 different computers.I suspect, its to do with "No memory". Either its an addon scenery or aircraft textures or something... that causes memory leaks. and after a while, the system atrophies.I have not found a solution either. For me..it takes a long time before the menu disappears on my new built PC. So I manage it by exiting and starting FS9 for each of my long flght.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Same here. It happened yesterday for the first time to me. All I had on the menu bar was my addon stuff (PMDG, Aerosoft, etc.) none of the standard menus were there (Options, Help, etc.). Eventually the system locked up tight and I had to do a hard reboot. I immediately began checking my GPU and CPU temps (looked fine) and made sure the box and fans were clean. The only recent additions to my system are the FreeFlow Florida for UT users, Friday Harbor Airport Scenery and the QLRP4UT addon which relocates the faulty FS9 default objects (bridges etc.) for use with UT. Manny and Pierre...do either of you have any of these addons? I know it's wishful thinking but if we all have one of them it COULD help narrow down the search? If not, can you remember what you have added that may have caused this? Vic

Guest plolito

Same here,I discovered that it has happened since I got a new Video Card. Would that have something to do with this??I have several add-ons, I can't name them since they are so many of them....Please reply!

Guest kilotango

Will try.1. Move your fs9.cfg to another place as a bakup (you find it in a hidden folder in documents and settings, microsoft).Restart the game, and a new cfg will be made and your settings will be default.2. Try and remember the addons that gave the problem. Uncheck them in scenery library and press ok. Restart the game. If it solves something, then check the addons one by one, and you should be able to nail the bad one.

>Same here,>I discovered that it has happened since I got a new Video>Card. Would that have something to do with this??>I have several add-ons, I can't name them since they are so>many of them....>Please reply! If you didn't have the problem until the new graphics card I would suggest that it or, more accurately, it's drivers could be to blame. Go to the manufacturer's website and:1. download latest drivers (but don't install yet!).2. Remove the old drivers (again, check the website for info).3. now install the new drivers...see if that solves the problem.